Error Code 913 Fixed

• 15 June 2024
  • 6 replies

I’m not that computer savvy but I managed to fix my library issue. I don’t think its a Sonos issue I think its a PC issue (Windows 11). Open your music folder, right click and select properties, click on the sharing tab, click on share (not advanced sharing), in the box just type Sonos, click add, in the box below it should have added “Sonos wireless Hi Fi System, highlight that and click share. It takes a while but it finished. go back into the Sonos app and your library should pop up. Go from there. My system is working. 

6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

in Hi zombiedropper,

Thanks!

That worked for me….. music directory → properties → sharing tab → share (not the advanced type) → enter SONOS → then click add  (the rest fills in as you said) → click share at the bottom to close the window out.  Then proceed with the normal process in SONOS.

I’m on Windows 10 Pro and got the 913 error.

Appreciate your help 

Mike

Thanks zombiedropper. 

Worked for me as well on windows 10.

The key is sharing tab, not advanced sharing. Then type sonos and as above noted it fills in the rest.

I am really grateful some one finally found a simple solution.

Do not understand why Sonos could not have published it.

I have tried to fix via the sharing option but still nothing can be added to the library.  Still get error 913.

I’m not sure. This fix seems to be helping some folks. Maybe there is still another permission that isn’t enabled on you PC. Make sure you are set as the administrator and all permissions boxes are checked.

Zombiedropper you’ve done it!  in this screen below, under advanced library settings (in Sonos, not folder properties on the PC)  I had to tick the last box.  

So in summary, I still couldn’t add the music folder without getting error 913, but when I went into sonos and fixed permissions as per the last box here, everything began to reload into sonos and all the songs started to appear.  It did as one of the earlier contributors said, take quite a few hours to reload, even though I only had about 50 songs.  But it is all back there now.  

thank you

Userlevel 1

At last! - after hours of trying to get any sense out of Sonos and reading pages of complaints about error 913 that gave no cure that actually worked, this did it.  So many thanks Zombiedropper.

Mind you I had to disable SMBv1 first and get SMBv2 working as it appears that Sonos has discontinued using SMBv1. I followed a number of suggestions off the web (most were out-of-date), before finding one that worked, but it needed a PC reboot  (Win10) and that lost the web page with all the instructions (using MS Edge!), so can’t pass on anything useful apart from the fact you do seem to need SMBv2 or v3, for it to work.

Sonos have screwed up yet again, but continue to dump their mistakes/problems/ incompetence on customers and leave them to sort it out. I’m fed up with the times this has happened since I bought my first Sonos speaker 10 years ago and bought another manufacturer’s products when replacing my HiFi with a soundbar, surround sound speakers and bass unit, all of which I would have bought from Sonos had my experience with them over those 10 years not meet with such appaling indifference. After this latest episode I’m putting my Sonos speakers on eBay - my time is more important to me than sorting out other people’s stupidity.