Answered

Dolby Atmos with Pink Floyd Take it Back

• 6 February 2024
  • 10 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello everyone,

I’m getting a strange problem occurring when playing Pink Floyd’s “Take it Back’ on my Era 300 via Apple Music. Although the song is Atmos encoded, when the song starts it plays as regular stereo. Atmos kicks in around the minute mark, but if I scrub forward/back, it often kicks in earlier. This is the only track I’ve encountered with this problem.

Has anyone else experienced this problem? If so, any ideas on how to fix it? Or is it a Sonos/Apple issue?

Thanks in advance,

Rich

Before Atmos kicks in

After Atmos kicks in - there’s a noticeable change in the music and the Atmos badge appears

icon

Best answer by RichP319 7 February 2024, 10:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@RichP319 

I can confirm that… exactly same behavior over here. 
I suppose it’s an Apple Music issue with the album, because all of its other tracks do the same. 

Userlevel 1

Thanks for confirming. Good to know it’s not a problem with my set up!

Userlevel 1

I’ve posted feedback to Apple via this link: https://www.apple.com/feedback/apple-music.html

I see the issue too - Great choice for music by the way, I’ve always liked this album from the Floyd.

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

How do you know if something is in Atmos before playing it?  I don't see any indication on the app.   

Userlevel 1

How do you know if something is in Atmos before playing it?  I don't see any indication on the app.   

Unfortunately, there isn’t. Frustrating, isn’t it!

Userlevel 7

This may or may not be related to the problem you are experiencing, but The Division Bell is actually only available in “Dolby Audio” not Dolby Atmos. Dolby Audio is basically a 5.1 mix. I don’t think the Sonos app knows the difference so it displays the Dolby Atmos logo for both Dolby Atmos and Dolby Audio music from Apple Music. Someone should probably make Sonos aware of this.

Userlevel 1

This may or may not be related to the problem you are experiencing, but The Division Bell is actually only available in “Dolby Audio” not Dolby Atmos. Dolby Audio is basically a 5.1 mix. I don’t think the Sonos app knows the difference so it displays the Dolby Atmos logo for both Dolby Atmos and Dolby Audio music from Apple Music. Someone should probably make Sonos aware of this.

Good spot! Is there an ‘official’ way of feeding back to Sonos, or is it just via these message boards?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@RichP319 

For that I recommend also using the standard „contact support“ ways. 
https://support.sonos.com/en-us/contact

At bottom of page you can select your country. 

Userlevel 1

@RichP319

For that I recommend also using the standard „contact support“ ways. 
https://support.sonos.com/en-us/contact

At bottom of page you can select your country. 

Thanks!