Question

Does the Sonos One Gen 2 not have TV Dialogue Sync settings? Issues with Video lagging behind Audio thru Macbook

• 1 November 2020
  • 3 replies

I recently purchased a Sonos Beam and two One’s (Gen 2) to have as my speakers around the house.
I will move and use the speakers in different rooms and different groups as needed.
Watched a movie last night using my projector linked to my Macbook using Airplay. Did not notice any sync issues using all 3 speakers.
Today I moved the two One’s into my office and linked to my computer. I immediately noticed there was a big issue with audio sync. But the video was actually lagging not the audio. 
I went through the app and found that the Beam has adjustments for TV Dialogue Sync but the Ones did not. Am I missing something or is this just not going to work from my Mac. Was looking forward to using the speakers while I edit videos but the delay will make that useless.

I also was experiencing the issue with just the Beam but even adjusting the TV Dialogue Sync sliders did nothing for me. All speakers and app are up to date.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

The ONE’s do not respond to TV Dialogue Sync unless they are configured as surrounds or Grouped with BEAM while BEAM is processing audio associated with the TV.

Regardless, I suggest that you do not attempt to use the ONE’s as the speakers while you edit video. There are processing delays in the ONE’s and your computer that, as you have discovered, can be vexing. You do not have any meaningful control over these delays.

Thank you for the reply buzz.

I have discovered a little bit more info regarding this issue.
So the sync issues I have been experiencing are while I am using Safari (streaming YouTube or any other video/audio source,) as well as Quicktime.
Getting my audio out to the speakers I have been going to the Sound settings and changing my output to the Speakers. I am not sure if this is truly Airplay or what the issue is but when i instead go out of an app like Itunes or Apple TV and select airplay from that app the sync issues are gone and everything lines up. 

So I am not sure what is causing the problem when I am selecting my output from my mac settings but when I use an app that supports Airplay then it all works. So wondering if Safari or another browser, or Adobe Premiere Pro support Airplay within the app.
Otherwise I think you are right and I may need to find a different source for my speakers.

Are you using SONOS “Groups”?

With only ONE’s and a BEAM in your system, there is no way to directly wire audio to the SONOS system. You are using Airplay.