Question

Do Not Upgrade! Don't do it - you will only be sorry

• 8 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2

This is the absolute worst version of the app that has ever been released in terms of being completely unprepared for production.  Just a couple of examples from my experience:
Your System auto selects one location and continues to select it.  You can switch or add zones, but if you leave that page (and sometimes if you don’t) it defaults to another unselected zone and selects it for you.  You can start a stream, but it is completely unable to display “Now Playing” any further than the first song.

This makes it impossible to manage the playlist or do anything other than stop or skip.
It chooses it’s own zone every time after any shift in the app navigation at all.

I haven’t had this level of issue from any previous version of the app.  Response from support is “yes this is an issue - we don’t have any idea when it will be fixed”

Literal garbage.

1 reply

Yeah it's terrible.  Nothing works.  I found a way to downgrade back to the older version thankfully.

Now my system actually works again.

Releasing this part finished mess of an app is the worst decision sonos has made.