Skip to main content
Question

Disgraceful APP

• 19 June 2024
  • 8 replies

19 June - have just spent over 2 hrs 20 mins on phone to Sonos Support Australia. Since new app download i cannot authorise Sonos Radio nor My Cloud library. Keeps going round in circles. Tells me I am not logged in when system settings show I am. Over the last few weeks  I have played all the usual games. Log out log in. Reset modem, disconnect reconnect speakers and all multiple times. Delete app reinstall app, try phone rather than tablet, all with no rexult. Today's 140 mins also a complete waste  of time. Guy had no more idea than I had. He logged into my tablet remotely, and repeated all the games I had previously played and with the same results. 

Cone on Sonos, instead of bombarding us with emails about buying new products,, junk this App and restore previous version. This situation where long term product users are being forced into subscription services is not on. 

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You could try downloading the Sonos app for Windows or for Mac, and try authorising from there? These apps tend to have some of the old app functionality in them which have helped many people sort issues.

No, should not have too. Sonos has a responsibility to its existing customers. Proper R&D rather than a quick money grab through forcing users onto paid subscription services would avoid this Brand nightmare. Just read all the recent complaints from disgruntled owners. Is Sonos Management proud of this sort of feedback?  Sonos Support staff cannot fix the problems after a call lasting over 120mins. Who does this help? How much does this cost both Sonos and the end user. Stop pushing forward more and more dubious solutions that might help and for the user to try That's what your Help Staff were clinging too. He offered nothing that I hadn't reasonably tried. Reinstate prev app and withdraw this new rubbish. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No, should not have too. 

Suit yourself. Are you here for help or a rant?

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

This situation where long term product users are being forced into subscription services is not on. 

Am I missing something? What’s this all about…?

And your reply 'Suit yourself'' is the 'official' response from Sonos?

If so, it talks to arrogance and a COMPKETE disregard for customer satisfaction.

Unless i receive a public apology i will be copying this exchange to social media.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

You do know I don’t work for Sonos, right? None of us do. I’m just trying to help you…

Any Sonos people are clearly indicated.

Noted. I have not used this app b4. I have already invested 3 hours today trying to get something as simple as music to play on a paid for system that has worked for 5 years.  Sonos is just ignoring legitimate complaints.

Incidently the pc app has solved part of my problem but that has not translated to my tablet app. Definitely an app issue then which puts the problem fair and square with Sonos.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

No worries. I understand your responses more now that I realise you felt I was an employee.