Skip to main content
Question

Disenfranchised

• 30 May 2024
  • 7 replies

I have not yet got over the shock. My panic attack is ongoing. Without my knowledge or consent the Sonos outfit have raided my system and removed my music library and with it all functionality. The library and the playlists built over years gone! Having invested heavily in Sonos as a faithful early adopter, I now have no music. Is there any help available? Ask “Help” where my playlists have gone into a “Pinned Collection “ and there is no such thing!

I suppose the Sonos burkes think they can sell me their own playlists, I suppose they must have an AI that knows more about me than I do. Such conceit, how can I ever recommend Sonos to my friends again when they only have contempt for me?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Your music library is fine, use the Desktop app to verify.

If your mobile app is having trouble finding it, you’ll need to provide more info about how it is all configured.

Oh, and calm down.

If you suffer panic attacks you should consult medical help. 

You playlists “should” be in the Sonos favourites section of the app. But some people are having an issue where their playlists are missing from the app. They are probably still on your speakers so whenever Sonos gets around to fixing this bug they hopefully will be available. 

I don’t think they want to sell you playlists. But they will sell you a subscription to Sonos Radio. 

Use your desktop app I am told. Would that be the black app that replaced my gold app out of the blue?

As a medic I understand that panic results from loss of control and manipulation by unaccountable agents. 

Use your desktop app I am told. Would that be the black app that replaced my gold app out of the blue?

As a medic I understand that panic results from loss of control and manipulation by unaccountable agents. 

It’s the app you would download on your Mac or windows computer. If you don’t own one that would be a problem in terms of using the desktop app

I have an ancient Mac no longer supported by apple. Am I to allow Sonos in to pillage iTunes and wipe out my library and playlists?

I have an ancient Mac no longer supported by apple. Am I to allow Sonos in to pillage iTunes and wipe out my library and playlists?

Your flowery prose isn’t as effective as you think.

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

I have not yet got over the shock. My panic attack is ongoing.

Is it usual for someone having a panic attack to still have the mental faculty to post on an audio tech forum?

...how can I ever recommend Sonos to my friends again when they only have contempt for me?

Your friends have contempt for you, you say?