Skip to main content
Question

Device Selection Broken with new app

• 18 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Next up on the list of things badly broken by the new app  - device selection. I have 5 Sonos devices and the system now wants to always select the first one alphabetically. In this case, the one named Bedroom. When I powered that off it picked Kitchen. But I want to play on Living Room, so I select that, but the app wants to play on Kitchen+1. So I uncheck Kitchen a second time and then it plays on Living Room. But it continues to show that only Kitchen is the device selected. However it shows that music is playing (the bouncing equalizer) on Living Room even though that is not selected!  So I uncheck Kitchen a third time and select Living Room again, which is still playing music, and that made it stop playing altogether. And Kitchen is the selected device!

Anyone else seeing this weirdness?

How in the world could Sonos have released this piece of garbage. Each day I use the new app brings out another glaring defect. 

Sonos needs to fix this piece of junk. In the meantime they should roll back to a working version. Shame on you for making all your customers become beta testers. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

I am having the exact same problem. Mine always wants to select Library even after I select Pool and hit Apply. Also streams restart on devices that are inadvertently selected during this process. one work around I found that works well….until this is fixed…….Airplay from my iPhone …hurts to go that route but faith in quick resolution with Sonos is Zero.

I have come to the conclusion that those responsible for this release do not actually use any of the products. I have always wanted to add more new devices, but have a new desire to replace everything. Please release update soon for this mess! The new Headphones could not have possibly distracted Sonos this much.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I resorted to renaming the device I want to play on to start with the letter A until this garbage is fixed. It does appear that the headphone release drove throwing this unfinished release out completely untested. The money grab won’t work very well if they alienate all their existing customers. I will not even consider the headphones or any additional Sonos products after this fiasco. Maybe they can find new suckers to buy them. I will be looking elsewhere. 

I’m having the same issue. Rejects room selection, notice when you go back to select a device. Very laggy and will at random select the room but could be an hour later. Had an instances where music has started playing at random late at night. Nothing has changed apart from update, WiFi is high speed fibre.

I would go as far as to say the whole system is un-usable, At the point of removing Sonos. Any one recommend anything!?