Skip to main content
Answered

deteriorating performance

• 29 September 2023
  • 1 reply

I have experienced deteriorating performance on my system, especially bad this past week with sonos not being able to connect with spotify, and losing connection to my system … both on apple and samsung products. This has not been such an issue before. An occasional glip i can forgive, but this is getting on my nerves now 😡

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Symptoms like that are almost always due to network problems, specifically IP conflicts.  These often show up after a power outage or an update because a reboot requires the device to request a new IP, and the router, having lost track of prior IP assignments, issues a new IP that is in use by another device.  To cure this, do the following:

Reboot/power cycle your devices in the following order:

Modem
Router
Switches or hubs
Wired Sonos units
Wireless Sonos units
Computers/printers
Wireless devices - phones/tablets etc.

Allow each device to come back up before proceeding to the next.  Note that you can permanently prevent duplicate IP addresses by assigning an IP to each device's MAC address in the router setup.  See your router manual for details.