Answered

Controller app displaying advertisements - how can I make that stop?

• 5 June 2023
  • 3 replies

• Contributor I
  • 1 reply

I have a lot of Sonos gear and recently I upgraded my entire home to S2 capable hardware.  Now I’ve noticed on several occasions, I go to the S2 controller app to do something innocuous like lower the volume but I have to click through an Advertisement to get there.

Are you kidding me?  What kind of system forces you to experience Ads on its remote controller??

My question….is there anyway to disable this disgusting display of selfish greed?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 6 June 2023, 03:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

On your account settings page, at www.Sonos.com, you have a flag to turn off marketing messages. That being said, as near as I can tell, as I have mine flagged as none, the 25% discount pop up that started over the weekend is not respecting this setting. I’ve reported that to Sonos.

Thanks. I unchecked Sonos App from my contact preferences but there was mention of marketing messages so unclear if that would do it - that said, hopefully Sonos gets back to you on the messages not respecting the setting.

In addition to the marketing message flag in your account there is a flag in Settings —> App Preferences to Allow Pop-up Messages. There may be some interaction between the two settings.