Answered

connection issues

• 27 December 2022
  • 2 replies

Having a connection issue. Can someone tell me what is the most likely cause?  My products or amps are showing up once I hit the Air Play button, but once I press on one of my listed amps, it spins and never connects.  I’ve unplugged and plugged power for the amps to no avail. Ty 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 27 December 2022, 01:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Assuming you didn’t upgrade your iOS  Home(Kit) recently before Apple withdrew the update … Here are some suggestions from Apple sources to fix problems with Airplay connections:

• Restart all devices and try to AirPlay again
  • Toggle off Bluetooth, or if already off, try turning it ‘on’ on sending device
  • Turn off Cellular Data
  • Disconnect from any other Bluetooth devices (other speakers etc.)
  • Connect to the same WiFi network access point
  • Reset your network settings on your iDevice in Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings
  • Disable ‘Private Address’ MAC Spoofing in the iOS Network connection 
  • Disable WiFi calling.
  • Update iOS, and speaker firmware/software
  • Move your devices away from other electronics and closer to the main router
  • Renew your devices DHCP lease via the router configuration pages or better still, reboot the router.
  • Switch off any Security/VPN software installed on the sending (mobile) device

There is also this….

https://9to5mac.com/2022/12/21/apple-pulls-new-home-app-architecture-in-ios-16-2-as-users-complain-about-homekit-issues/