Answered

Connection is blocked by your computer's firewall

• 15 October 2022
  • 3 replies

My Sonos 1 has been unstable since my internet modem has recently changed to a pure fibre wifi hub.  Very often I can’t access music folder, no Sonos Radio, cannot find Sonos 1 error.  I have unplugged hub, turned Sonos on/off, restarting computer each time one of these errors occurred. I have removed and added music folder a few times to get music folder worked until tonight I am seeing this error message “Sonos was unable to add the music folder. Connection is blocked by your computer firewall options.” I checked firewall and Sonos is in enabled to received incoming connections. Restarted computer [imac] a few times and the error persists. Has this got to do with the IP address since the new hub. Any solution or do I have to call tech support? 

icon

Best answer by Corry P 19 October 2022, 13:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Have you checked if your new router has any firewall options?

@Liveinvancouver,

I would perhaps try a reset of the Sonos App and go through its setup again, but choose to connect back to the ‘existing’ Sonos System and see if that resolves the issue.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Liveinvancouver 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.