Connection error - can't add services

• 25 December 2023
  • 4 replies

I'm having a lot of problems adding services to my Sonos system. Plex, Soundcloud, tune in, Mixcloud, pocketcasts and probably more. I'll get to the place where I'm taken to the website to authorize the service. In each case, I'll login and then the webpage tells me I've been authorized and connected to sonos. I then go back to the Sonos app and it says “Connection Error. There was a problem adding the Mixcloud account. A connection to Mixcloud could not be made.”

With Soundcloud I have to enter in a code which the website tells me is ok. I think Plex requires a higher subscription so that's probably why it didn't work. The others should connect, I successfully use them on a different Sonos 1 system (which is at a different home and a different network and the old S1 app).

I was able to add the CBC music service.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Any spam blocking / ad blocking / cookie blocking set up on your computer?

I'm doing this from my phone. I've tried my best to turn off pop up blocking, etc, on three different browsers: chrome, Firefox, and Samsung browser. I then tried adding mixcloud a few times, using a different browser each time for the authentication. This did not seem to have any effect and I am still getting a connection error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Plex free should work on Sonos: https://support.plex.tv/articles/218237558-requirements-for-using-plex-for-sonos/

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I’ve found that using a clean browser, one with no added-on blocking or tweaking and a non-filtered DNS gets me past many issues similar to what you describe.

You didn’t mention the Brave Browser (free) so it might be a good option to avoid messing with your existing setups. Install it, disable the Shields (blocking) and try your setup using it.