Answered

Connecting Amazon and YT Music

• 11 October 2023
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 3 replies

anyone know how to connect these services to the app? Spotify connected fine but keep getting the "couldn't make a connection" message

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 12 October 2023, 18:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

These should be available as options to add in the Sonos controller. If they aren’t appearing for you, you may need to check your address in the account at www.sonos.com, as they use that data to filter what is presented to you in the controller.

In case you’re attempting to connect using both YouTube and Amazon’s own apps, neither has yet integrated with Sonos in the same way as Spotify, you’ll need to use Sonos’ own controller, not the separate apps. 

hi yes options to connect to Amazon and Ytmusic do appear in the sonos app. But when I go through the process to connect them, all is well until the final step when the service returns you back to the app - with a connection error message. Don't know where the issue is but I guess it's sonos who own it. Looking at other comments this seems to be long ongoing problem. Flaky s/w.

I’d suggest you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.

.... yep, reached same conclusion. cheers

for anyone with same issue.... fixed by downloading sonos app onto laptop and connecting Amazon and YTMusic services from laptop. App on my mobile has now synced and all is well. Tks Sonos support guys, got there in the end.