Skip to main content
Question

Connect Amp not showing up in app.

• 15 June 2024
  • 4 replies

My connect amp is used for my speakers on the deck. Pulled out my phone and my play 1 speakers are all listed and my amp is missing. 

Went in the basement and checked and it had power, so I recycled power to the amp and it showed up in the amp and worked as usual. 

This is the second time the amp is not showing in the app. Recycled power and back in business. The whole system has been working for years without issue until now. Is it the new app???

Looking forward for help in this matter. 

Rich

Hard to tell. I’m not sure either way. But if it isn’t the new app, it would likely be a local network issue. Try unplugging all your Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to come back up, then plug the Sonos devices back in to power. Wait a couple of minutes for them to boot up and reconnect before testing. 

Did you resolve this?  I’m having the same problem… just noticed that my 2 Connect:Amp units are completely missing from my system.  All other components (sub, play1s, move, playbar, beam) are still there, but both amps disappeared.  Removing and reapplying power doesn’t help.

I think that it is a combination of the local network and the new controller. Some of us are not experiencing this issue, while other users seem to have frequent issues. The new controller uses the network differently from the older controller. I suspect that some local network default configurations don’t work well.

Describe you network for us, give model numbers. Are the players wired or wireless? What other players are in the system?

At this writing we cannot blame the issue on specific network equipment, but if enough users experience issues with model XYZ network equipment we’ll have a better understanding of the issue, and in some cases we may be able to suggest a network configuration option that will resolve or improve the situation.

In the short term, resolution is likely to be a moving target because SONOS is making changes as we speak. Any workarounds that we discover might be broken by SONOS changes. It’s also possible that SONOS will eventually resolve the issue if we do nothing.

Of course we cannot rule out a hardware issue with CONNECT:AMP.

Thanks, Buzz.  Got it fixed after a long chat session with Sonos tech.

For the sake of info here in case others have a similar problem… First, my home network is four Eero 6+.  The main Eero is my router and its WAN side goes straight to my cable modem and out.  The other 3 Eeros extend the WiFi range.  In terms of hardwiring, there’s a single ethernet line from the main Eero router to a (simple, unmanaged Level 2) switch, which then fans out to a couple of other switches, which connect the hardwired things in the house.

My Sonos system is three Amp units (I mistakenly called them Connect:Amp above, but they are Amps) in three different rooms; a family room with a Beam, Sub, and two Play1 units as surrounds; a Move; and a Playbar.  Of those, the Beam is the only unit (pretty sure) that is connected via ethernet; others are WiFi.

Of note, I also have (had!) a Sonos Boost connected, and it is believed this contributed to the problem.  The Boost was connected to ethernet of course, but instead of connecting it directly to a switch, there was an Ooma VOIP telephone box in between (the Ooma connected to the switch, and it has a second LAN port that I believed was a level 2 switch that lets you connect something else to your LAN).  Not sure if that topology caused problems, but the Sonos tech said it looked like I had a second router in the system named Ooma, so…  anyway, took the Boost out completely, power-cycled the Amps and they all came back.

It was interesting that I lost three devices, and all 3 were Amps (I said 2 in the previous post, but had forgotten about one).

Hope that’s helpful to someone.  I’ve been a Sonos customer from the beginning when I had a couple of ZP80s, ZP100s, and two of those gigantic old CR100 controllers!