Answered

Computer (NAS drive) refused to allow Sonos to connect

• 26 February 2023
  • 2 replies

I’m on MacAir running 12.6.3 and have NAS drive (Buffalo LS220D992) where I have the music

I moved my Apple Music library to the NAS with no issue.  Now in Sonos when I attempt to add the network music library I get the “the computer “LS220d992” refused to let Sonos connect to it” message where LS220d992 is the network drive. 

On Mac in system preferences I have file and media sharing checked.  I do not have firewall on.  

I’ve tried a bunch of different syntax for the ‘map to networked share in case my syntax is wrong and I’m also not certain what the syntax should be (many path names result in same error).  Currently I have \\LS220D992\OurMusic\Music 

I can mount OurMusic on the Mac and see my music files

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 26 February 2023, 11:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

What about the SMB version? https://support.sonos.com/pl-pl/article/use-a-nas-drive-with-sonos

Thanks -- I did not have SMB switched on the NAS drive.  That got me one step further.  It accepted the library and is now attempting to update the music library.