Answered

computer cannot be found

• 19 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I always have trouble with my Sonos 2 system when I migrate from my summer cottage to my winter home. 

My computer travels with me: Dell XPS 15 laptop.

Running Windows 11 Home.

All Music files are stored on my computer.

First, Sonos couldn’t find any songs. So I removed the music folders and tried to add them back with a more detailed path. Now it cannot find my computer so it can’t add the folders.

My system is a bit of a mess in that I have music stored under 2 different Users. (That’s a problem for another day.) So I think I need to add 2 Music folders.

Why can’t Sonos see my computer? I have the app on my iphone too, but that’s no help. Could Sonos possibly be looking at the wrong wifi network? I cannot see where to check that.

Please help--thanks.

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 19 November 2022, 14:45

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Badge +1

I just saw on my phone, under Manage Networks, that I am connected to the correct wifi network.

Check the network path in the app and ensure the network connection is set to ‘private’ rather than ‘public’ as mentioned in this support link, albeit it refers to Windows 10, the same still applies:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/configure-windows-10-network-and-security-settings

Badge +1

I followed your steps--success! I was able to add the Music folders from both of my User accounts. It seems the Public vs Private network was the culprit. Now I will poke around in Sonos to be sure ALL my songs are there.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!