Skip to main content
Question

catch 22? To remove my Port (eth -> sonosnet gateway) and use wifi have to upgrade to latest app from old app…

• 20 May 2024
  • 0 replies

I’m wanting to remove my Port from my setup as it is no longer being used for music playback and is just acting as an Ethernet to Sonosnet gateway.

I disabled the automatic updates so am still using the 16.1 version of the app and matching firmware, so didn’t expect any issues adding a WiFi network.

Unfortunately when trying to manage networks in the old app, it blocks and requires an app update to continue… but the latest app currently has no network management until some unknown time in the future.

Am I really stuck and expected to have to keep the Port as a gateway until Sonos get round to adding network management to the latest app at some point in the future? My other Sonos devices aren’t in convenient locations to wire them back into my switch.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.