Skip to main content

cant remove/unpair era 300's

• 19 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Since the new app has been out i haven't been able to unpair my era 300's from the arc and sub 🙄

Anyone else having this issue? 

The new app has been a absolute headache for me, cant unpair anything, im actually worried if they did unpair, they wouldnt reconnect to the arc and sub, cant add songs to my sonos playlists anymore, they can only be added to your sonos favourites, my app constantly crashes and on the odd occasion i lose some of my speakers, they just stop playing and vanish from the app for 3-5 mins then reappear!

I hope these issues get sorted pretty quickly, its already been a few weeks since the new app launched and its been a huge disappointment in my opinion, i so wish there was a way of going back to the previous app like ive seen hundreds of others asking to do, surely its possible to do this for the ppl experiencing great difficultys with the new 1 sonos?

3 replies

Yes.  New app keeps disconnecting my 300s, says it can’t see one, and suggests unpairing.  Then unpairing fails.  

New app has been very buggy, was rushed to market to sell headphones (which don’t even work on WiFi), key features were missing, and it was buggy.  I think this is the same mistake they made with S1 - sacrificing the interests of their user base in order to put out something new and shiny to hype their stock.  To top it off - no tech support angents available on Saturday by chat or phone.  They know, they have pushed out a buggy produce.  Why would they not extend/expand support?

My sub won’t reconnect at all now, what a crap app and making me never want to buy Sonos again. 1st the app debacle update roll out a month ago and now this crapshow. Two full home theater systems….never again!

On Saturday I clicked the send message to the CEO button.  About a half hour later, my system reset and suddenly it saw my speakers again, which made me think Level 3 techs were actually on duty and saw the note.  

I received a form note from the CEO on Monday saying they had received a lot of feedback about the new software features, good and bad, and were working hard to make it better, and touting the restoration of functions like play next and add to end of queue.  I didn’t notice much/any acknowledgement of how buggy the software is.  I have experienced frequent problems like the volume control not working, or the call to Spotify not working or playing the wrong music.  

I am not convinced that Sonos understands that they rushed this software to market when it was really only a beta, or less, to sell headphones.  The headphones were also rushed to market and lack wifi connectivity.  The What HiFi review is telling — good idea, many good features, not really a signature Sonos ecosystem product, needs work.  

I hope Sonos learns that trying to hype its stock by rushing products to market is not a sustainable strategy.  In comparison taking care of your customers works much better over the long term for shareholder value.