Answered

Cannot connect to NAS (Freebox) with my Beam gen2

• 8 June 2023
  • 4 replies

Following the remove of the feature allowing to read music directly from my android phone, i’m looking for a solution to read my music on my Beam gen2.

I tried to connect to my Freebox Delta NAS. SMB2/3 is activated on my freebox in the “windows sharing” options. I verified, and my Beam is running Sonos OS S2.

There are no user/password required, and i’m using \\Freebox_Server to access it.

It’s working fine from my computer. But the Sonos app displays the following error when I try to add a new shared library : “The computer Freebox_Server has not been found”. (translated from french, sorry).

What am I missing ?

i.e : someone had apparently the same problem here, unanswered

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 June 2023, 14:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Double check the path. It may need to be more specific like “\\Freebox_Server\Music” or “\\Freebox_Server\Freebox” or even try “\\Freebox” or “\\Freebox\Music”.

As i said, the alias \\Freebox_Server\ works fine from the command prompt on a Windows computer.

It seems more like Sonos is not able to see the network.

Using the local IP does not work either. Seems like there is something preventing Sonos from finding the NAS, whereas all other devices on the network can.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @fable beam 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I don’t know why you can’t access your Freebox from the Sonos app, but if you are able to install a Plex server on your Freebox, you will then be able to play tracks via the Plex music service on Sonos.

Alternatively, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.