Answered

Cannot add new products to a SonosNet-connected system

• 26 June 2023
  • 5 replies

I have a Sonos system with numerous speakers connected through SonosNet, with one speaker connected to the router via ethernet cable and everything else connecting wirelessly.  Now, I’m trying to add two Play 1 speakers that I previously used in an old apartment.  I factory reset them and when I go to “add product” in the Sonos settings, the app detects them and allows me to begin the setup process.  However, the process does not complete and I get the following error message:

‘We couldn’t find any products on your mobile device’s network so we can’t set up your Play:1.” 

Is this because my phone is connected to normal WiFi while my Sonos system is using SonosNet?  If so, how can I successfully add these Play 1 speakers?  At the end of the day I just want to get them added and integrated into the system, so if you have any thoughts at all I’d appreciate them.  Thanks!

icon

Best answer by mattyp11 26 June 2023, 19:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

What happens when you temporarily wire that ‘missing’ PLAY:1 to your router with an Ethernet cable?

I just tried directly connecting the speaker to my router via ethernet.  I get the exact same error message and failure to complete setup.    

Interesting. I’m suspecting some sort of hardware failure in the PLAY:1, I would recommend that you call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

Oddly enough, the solve was far more simple than I expected.  I have an old iPad that I rarely use.  I downloaded the S2 app, loaded my account, and tried the set-up process again.  It worked seamlessly.  I have no idea what the explanation is and why set-up was running into all those issues using an iPhone 14 but worked flawlessly on an old iPad.  But no matter, all’s well that ends well.  Thanks anyway for your attention and attempt to help.  

Huh. Happy it worked, but the ‘fix’ makes no sense.