Skip to main content
Question

Can't use app unless I update...failed to update

• 13 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Can't use app unless I update… but failed to update for more than 30 times , I have tried to use ipad iphone andriod phone to update my sonos one but never work out. All I got is error 1002,error 30,error 1014 try again . why the heck is the system force to update, pain in the ass.  

2 replies

Despite the odd font choice, the behavior you describe is indicative of something blocking access to the Sonos update servers. I’d be double checking for any port blocking apps, VPNs, work profiles, virus protection apps, or the like. I’d also try to temporarily wire one device directly to my router with an Ethernet cable, if possible. 

However, if none of this resolves the issue, I would call Sonos Support directly to discuss it.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hi @fangaustin, many users having similar problems have success performing the device update from the Windows or Mac desktop app. Download the desktop app here …

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/downloads

… click the Manage menu and select Check for Software Updates.