Answered

Can't set up Sonos iOS app to include Apple music library

• 8 December 2022
  • 3 replies

I am trying to add the Apple Music library on my MacBook Pro to my the Sonos 2 app on my iPad. I keep getting the error message “There is no share users on the computer ...” What does this error message mean, what settings do I need to update on my MBP, what are the required values for the fields in the Share Info box? I have \\MBP name\users\my account name\music. I am running the latest versions of Sonos app, Mac O/S, iOS

icon

Best answer by Corry P 13 December 2022, 15:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Did you follow this?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-your-music-library-to-sonos

I did but first, that is for Mac O/S not the iOS app, second, that process does not even work for Mac O/S. 

In iOS app the path to adding the Music Library is different and when I follow the steps the message I get basically seems to be saying that the Mac is denying remote access to the Music library. So the question is what do i need to change in Mac Ventura to allow the remote connection

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @stephen435 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I am no Mac expert - in fact, I haven’t even looked at one for a couple of years - and I am definitely not familiar with Ventura.

However, I think I’m safe in saying that “There [are] no share users on the computer...” means that there are not any configured users on the computer who have access to any file shares that happen to get set up. To access the files, Sonos will need to login to the file share with a user identity that has permission to access shares. If that is not the exact wording of the error, however, then the meaning may differ - I did a search online and it doesn’t appear to be a commonly reported phrase.

For Music Library troubleshooting, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports, and to reconfigure your computer for you.

I hope this helps.