Can't see speakers on some floors of the house

• 28 September 2023
  • 3 replies

I have the sonos distributed between two floors of the same house.

The phone only sees the devices on the floor where I open the app.

The desktop sonos app only sees the devices of that floor.

I have been using Sonos for years and never seen this. How do I fix this tragedy?!

technical:

1. macOS, iPhone
  2. latest apps across any device
  3. same account on any device
  4. only one system
  5. All connected to the same network. The desktop is connected to wired and wireless same network.
  6. I don’t have any uncommon network setup

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7

Are you saying that when you open the app on a particular floor those are the only speakers you see in the app or is it consistent for the same floor.

Thanks for the follow up. Here is exactly what I see/happens.

Phone App:

When I open the app on a particular floor the speakers of that floor are the only ones I see in the app. I do not see the speakers of the other floor.

Desktop App:

I only and exclusively see the top floor speakers (TV Room). Never see the speakers of the other floor.

As result of your question I used a laptop (my original finding was through a desk machine) and the issue with the desktop app is persistant as well. No matter what floor I only see that set of speaker (picture attached)

I have 8 speakers in total across the house.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

When did this start? Had you updated anything? Did the router receive an update? 
Try powering down router and speakers, then restarting router only. When it is fully restarted, with wifi running, power up speakers one at a time. If that cures it, consider setting ip addresses for your devices to prevent a recurrence.