Answered

Can't remove product from my system

• 23 December 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

I bought a Sub Mini and added it to my Living Room. I decided to return it, so it is no longer plugged in or connected to the network. In the Sonos app, I see a little red dot under “System” and a message: “Sub Mini—Not connected”. 

However, when I tap on “System”, and then “Living Room”, the only products I see are the two Era 300s that are still connected in that room. The Sub Mini isn’t listed and I am unable to tap on it to remove it.

What now? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 December 2023, 02:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Can you touch the red dot?

Badge +2

When I tap on the red dot, it takes me into the System pane. The Mini Sub isn’t listed there. 

I brought this up in the recent Live Chat I had with Sonos support about my other issue (not being able to connect with Sonos from my iPad), and they weren’t able to fix it. They said that it should disappear form my system once I ship it back to Sonos as part of the return process. 

It should disappear on its own, or you could reboot your router. I don’t think there is a trigger that it knows if you’ve shipped it.

On the other hand, it won’t disappear from your ‘purchased items’ list on www.sonos.com, until such time as either it is decommissioned by Sonos and/or registered to another Sonos account.

Either way, it still appearing has no impact on your system, you shouldn’t unduly worry. 

Badge +2

I forgot to mention that I still have the Sub Mini. Can I plug it back in so Sonos can see it and then remove it from the app/system? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

You can’t just remove it, but as said after a while it should quit being shown.

If it is really bugging you then you could go through the reset and reconfigure process, as you would when selling, and the rest as you would when buying. But using another e-mail and Sonos home configuration. Way too much effort in my opinion and you could always mess something up.