Skip to main content

Can't play Virgin Radio on S1

• 11 November 2023
  • 13 replies

As of this morning I get the following message when trying to play ‘Virgin Radio UK’ on S1:

“Unable to play Virgin Radio UK - the song is not encoded correctly.”

It is working as usual on S2.

I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling the Virgin Radio service on the S1 app.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

13 replies

It’s working here for me on S1 - maybe give it another try. I’m accessing it from the S1 App search tab using Sonos Radio. I’ve attached a couple of screenshots.

Ah I see now you’re using their own in-built radio service - rather than Sonos Radio etc. I just quickly tried it too and yes it’s not working here either. I think it’s Virgin Radio that may need to fix it - perhaps drop them an email/text…

https://virginradio.co.uk/contact-us

If it’s a ‘new’ feature, it may not get included in S1….since that is getting bug updates only. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yes, using the Virgin Radio service.

Tried again today, same result. It has been working perfectly over the last several months.

Yes, using the Virgin Radio service.

Tried again today, same result. It has been working perfectly over the last several months.

Yep it’s certainly not working for me too in the S1 App. I see the same error… maybe the Staff will pickup on it after the weekend. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Tried again this morning

I usually listen to Virgin via TuneIn on my S1 Sonos system. This morning, it sounded all garbled - like it wasn’t tuned to the signal fully (for those that remember life before DAB).

I tried Virgin on another couple of radio services (MyTuner and radio.net) and also a sister station (TalkSport) through TuneIn/MyTuner/radio.net but all sounded the same.

I then added the Virgin Radio UK Service to Sonos, but I get the same error message you are reporting - song is not coded correctly.

Other Radio stations I’ve tried all seem to work fine.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @User279803 

Thanks for your post!

Could you please recreate the issue and then submit a support diagnostic, replying here with the number given? Please also let me know the name of the room that you attempted to play in. Thanks.

@Ken_Griffiths - if you could please do the same, that would be swell, thanks.

Hi @User279803 

Thanks for your post!

Could you please recreate the issue and then submit a support diagnostic, replying here with the number given? Please also let me know the name of the room that you attempted to play in. Thanks.

@Ken_Griffiths - if you could please do the same, that would be swell, thanks.

After several ‘failed’ attempts at trying to play the service in the S1 App - Diagnostic Rept: 887214489

Just to quickly add, that I have just also tried removing/reinstalling the VM Radio UK service too, but the issue persists. Another Diagnostic Rept: 51778172

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Ken_Griffiths 

Thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Tried again, same result as before.

Diagnostic: 1775514645. (Room=”Wee room”)

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @User279803 

Thanks for that - I’ll pass it along!