Answered

Can't play Tidal Track Radio on Sonos app

• 3 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi, I love my Sonos Five! I moved from Spotify to Tidal to enjoy a real HiFi experience with my Sonos 5, I even started using Sonos iPhone app instead of Tidal to avoid sound quality loss, but I find the Sonos app a bit clunky. A feature I use a lot is to play a Track’s Radio, because I like discovering new artists/tracks by choosing “Go to Track Radio” on the Tidal app, but in Sonos iPhone app (connected to Tidal) I don’t have that feature. 

Sonos: When are we going to have that feature on Sonos app? Tidal users really need this!

Thanks in advance!!!

icon

Best answer by controlav 6 February 2023, 14:31

View original

3 replies

Tidal is in charge of what ‘feeds’ are available in Sonos. You’d need to direct your request to them. All Sonos does is point the controller to the server maintained by Tidal, and plays whatever is there. 

@Airgetlam seems more like an integration issue rather than a source (Tidal) issue, because the entire “Go to Track Radio” feature is not available in Sonos app while it does on Tidal app

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Airgetlam seems more like an integration issue rather than a source (Tidal) issue, because the entire “Go to Track Radio” feature is not available in Sonos app while it does on Tidal app

It is 100% up to Tidal what features are exposed on their service. It is NOT an app feature, it is a Tidal SMAPI service feature (or lack thereof) that the app exposes a UX on top of.