Skip to main content

I’m on a Mac, running Sonos Controller for Mac 16.2 / S2, Build 79153290.

When Sonos released their new app, I lost the ability to connect to my 12 year old NAS that only has SMB1 support. I purchased a Buffalo Link Station (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JKM0A36?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1) which out of the box is configured to “Switch Between SMB2 and SMB1 automatically”. I uploaded a few songs to it just to test out, then pointed Sonos at the NAS drive share point, let it index, and I was able to play those songs.

I then transferred the whole library there, about 70 GB, and Sonos said it couldn’t read it: “’//LS210D38C/share/Music’ is no longer available. The device where the music files are stored may not be powered on, or the path may have changed. Go to Settings > System > Music Library > Music Library Setup to check the path.”

Since then I’ve trie removing the share point, changing the SMB protocol to SMB2 only, but no dice. Every time I add the new share, enter the login and password, it thinks about it for about 5 seconds, then gives me the same error message.

Can’t tell if this is the LinkStation just loading slowly, or it’s a problem with Sonos (since the recent controller updates).

This may help