Answered

Can't access Sonos application since last update (Beam Gen 1)

• 6 March 2023
  • 7 replies

• Contributor I
  • 6 replies

Hi there,

I can’t access to the Sonos (S2) applicaiton since the last Android update.

My Beam (Gen 1) works fine (sound from the TV) but impossible to reach the application functions.

Each time I try to configure the wifi connection I’ve got a failed “technical problem” message.

I’ve tried a lot of things : reinitializing the Beam (several times), reinitializing my connection access but always the same connection soundbar issue.

Before the Android app update all was working fine but since the 15.1.1 version I can’t connect the Beam 1.

Am I the only one and above all have you a solution ?

icon

Best answer by UKMedia 6 March 2023, 11:23

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Please have a look at my post: Tips & Tricks - Resolving random issues impacting Sonos devices.. | Sonos Community

I will try this but It’s really a pain to connect my Beam (Gen 1).

All was working fine before my holidays adn one week later no connection.

In the meantime there was a new version of rhe Sonos application so I wonder if it has a relation.

I wonder too if it’s not a confilct between 5Ghz and 2,4 Ghz WIFI.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Normally the cause of connection issues after an update is that the Sonos devices boot, as part of the firmware update, and are then allocated an IP address that another device is already using but that the router has lost the allocation record when it was booted itself.

So  a single reboot of my rooter, then the Beam should solve the problem ?

Do I need a reinitialization of the soundbar ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

So  a single reboot of my rooter, then the Beam should solve the problem ?

Do I need a reinitialization of the soundbar ?

You’ll need to follow the steps in the linked post in my first reply, but reserving IP addresses within your router will stop this issue from happening again.  I suspect that this is network issue and so reinitialising your Sound Bar won’t make any difference.

Thanks, I followed your steps and it works now.

Pity that the installation of the products is so fastidious.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks, I followed your steps and it works now.

Pity that the installation of the products is so fastidious.

Great news. This is a Router manufacturer issue rather than Sonos but Sonos players are susceptible to it.