Answered

Can I use same Sonos Account for 2 different time zone ?

• 17 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Hi there,

I currently operate a Sonos Amp controlled through the App on Desktop. The music service is Spotify Premium.

I'm deploying a new Sonos Amp to a different region (different time zone from the one above). With this Sonos Amp, I want to control it through the App on the user's Phone.

Can I use the same Sonos account for both Users in each Time zone to use it together? (Of course each side will control its own Amp)

If not, please suggest me other solutions,
Best regards.

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 17 May 2023, 17:36

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Why are there two locations? Is this the case of a regular and mountain home that you move between or are you and a friend/relative attempting to share an account?

Attempting to use the same Spotify account may cause issues because both locations will not be able to simultaneously use the account, regardless of time zone. If a second user starts using the account, music will stop playing for the first user.

Why are there two locations? Is this the case of a regular and mountain home that you move between or are you and a friend/relative attempting to share an account?

Attempting to use the same Spotify account may cause issues because both locations will not be able to simultaneously use the account, regardless of time zone. If a second user starts using the account, music will stop playing for the first user.

Thanks for your respond,
In my case, I want to share an account so that my family members in the other time zone can use it.
But like you said, I think I need to create another Sonos account and register another Spotify premium for my family members to use.

You probably could use the same Sonos account, and just add the second Spotify account to the second location….depending on how complex it may end up being. But it may be just as easy to use two Sonos accounts. I’m currently in a second location using the same iPhone logged in to a second account. 

You can certainly use the same Sonos account in multiple locations, I’ve just never done so across time zones. I don’t think that would be an issue, but if it were, I’d think only for alarms…but even there, I think the local time is set at the speaker level, and is not tied to the account, per se. It might be worth testing, but there is very little data stored by the controller app on the phone, most of it is stored by the system on each speaker. 

You probably could use the same Sonos account, and just add the second Spotify account to the second location….depending on how complex it may end up being. But it may be just as easy to use two Sonos accounts. I’m currently in a second location using the same iPhone logged in to a second account. 

You can certainly use the same Sonos account in multiple locations, I’ve just never done so across time zones. I don’t think that would be an issue, but if it were, I’d think only for alarms…but even there, I think the local time is set at the speaker level, and is not tied to the account, per se. It might be worth testing, but there is very little data stored by the controller app on the phone, most of it is stored by the system on each speaker. 

Thanks for your answer, it helped me understand better.