Can I somehow export a SONOS Playlist (as xml, csv, m3u, ... SOME text format) in order to change it and import it back ?

• 27 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

Hello,

I’m asking a question since the existing topics are rather old…

I have a “Sonos playlist”, created by me, which contains files that were located on some network path on my NAS.

Now I changed my NAS (different name, also slightly moved the music folders, so for sure can’t re-use the old playlist...) and I was wondering if I have any at-least-partially-automated way to update my playlist, eg:

• exporting it in some text format, replacing some path portions in a text editor, and the importing it back.
  • exporting it, somehow creating an m3u out of it and importing the m3u…

Is there any such possibility ?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @serban 

Thanks for your post!

There is currently no way to do this from within the Sonos app.

However, I believe @controlav will be able to help you with his third-party app for Sonos - I’m sure he will reply soon.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @serban 

Thanks for your post!

There is currently no way to do this from within the Sonos app.

However, I believe @controlav will be able to help you with his third-party app for Sonos - I’m sure he will reply soon.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Corry! Yes @serban  ,you can  use my app for iOS (see profile) which lets you import & export Sonos playlists in various formats. This can be used to fixup NAS paths with the aid of a text editor.

Badge

Hey @controlav ,

That sounds nice, but… I literally don’t have any iOS device… 🙂

I guess that feature is not also available in the Windows Sonos app… 😕

Do I have any option left ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hey @controlav ,

That sounds nice, but… I literally don’t have any iOS device… 🙂

I guess that feature is not also available in the Windows Sonos app… 😕

Do I have any option left ?

If you install Intel’s UPnP tools (or something similar that can make UPnP calls) I can walk you through the steps.