Skip to main content
Question

Big issues with garbage update

• 26 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Please test your software before you release it to the public!

we have just about every Sonos product they make and this latest update prevented us from using any of the speakers until we were able to reboot our router, unplug each device (about 25 of them), and keep launching the update.  It made me realize how much we have invested in Sonos and how one issue like this could cause us to potentially flush thousands of dollars down the drain.  We will be looking for alternatives in the future rather than buying more Sonos products.  This is absolutely unacceptable for speakers with such a high price point!

I'm having similar problem. It's incredibly frustrating. When I paid all that money buying Sonos speakers I never expected them to force an update that stopped them from working and removed all the basic features I've been using for years. They need to make the old app available for installation again. 

I hope, really hope, someone at Sonos can communicate to the developers who can actually fix the problems widely reported here and elsewhere. I just tried play from audible. It reported an ambiguous error. Crap. Now I can’t replicate the error. I can say this: I experience this kind of error constantly. CONSTANTLY!