Answered

BBC Sounds Service Not Working

• 20 April 2022
  • 8 replies

Hello all,

I have successfully added and authorized the BBC Sounds app within Sonos, but get an empty window with the message ‘Can’t browse music’. I am in the UK. I can’t see any mention of this problem anywhere. Any suggestions?
Thanks

icon

Best answer by John B 22 April 2022, 12:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

What is keeping you on 8.4?  CR100?

Yes, exactly: the CR100 mounted on the kitchen wall still works perfectly!

😬 … 8.4

But I have lots of other music services on there with no problem. Perhaps this is a step too far for my system, if nobody else is reporting difficulties setting it up, it’s probably the old system.

I don’t think so.  Have you checked that your Sonos account is set up with location of UK?

Edit - sorry, just noted the 8.4 software is what you are referring to.  Yes it’s probably that.

What is keeping you on 8.4?  CR100?

😬 … 8.4

But I have lots of other music services on there with no problem. Perhaps this is a step too far for my system, if nobody else is reporting difficulties setting it up, it’s probably the old system.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I seems S1 gives more problems than S2. What version are you on?

Sorry for the ambiguity: no, nothing happens. I get a blank screen and ‘Unable to browse music’ with a grey folder icon. Both on my iPhone and Desktop Sonos app,

Is there a minimum version of Sonos this requires to work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

And all is well?

Thanks for the reply. Sonos took me to the BBC website to login using my existing BBC login, which I did, and then returned to Sonos.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Have you set up a BBC Sounds account?