Skip to main content
Question

Balance not working with stereo audio on Arc

• 19 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I've got my system up to date and using the newest iPhone app and I have an Arc soundbar.

The problem I have is that the balance slider on the app doesn't do anything; when I'm listening to stereo audio it doesn't matter which way I move the slide it doesn't change the audio output at all

i I need the balance to work because the left side of my Arc is very close to a wall and the right is far; even after Trueplay tuning, the audio sounds about 30% to 40% louder on the left than right and I can't fix it because the balance feature in the app doesn't work

please help 

Same problem here with the new app. When I’m attempting to control my Sonos Amp, the balance control does nothing. The Stereo/Mono toggle also does nothing. Meanwhile, treble and bass controls work as expected on the Amp, and all the controls including balance work fine when controlling a stereo pair of older Play 1s on the same system. Ugh.

I have exactly the same issue with my Sonos amp. Balance control doesn’t work. Suspect it’s a bug on the new App that’s doing it.