Skip to main content

It is still not possible to play “Artist Radio” song lists on Tidal when using Sonos’ iOS app. When will this be fixed?  It’s been more than 4 months without this basic feature!

This is a Sonos user community. I don’t personally use Tidal to perhaps help test if this is working on Sonos, but have you reported the issue to Tidal, as they are the ones that provide their service/data into the Sonos App via the Sonos api? If not, then perhaps let them know by contacting Tidal support here:

https://support.tidal.com/hc/en-us

By the way, if not done already, and you want to let Sonos know about this too and maybe tackle the issue from both sides, you can also contact Sonos Support here (link below), although I’d perhaps see what the Tidal Staff perhaps say about the matter to begin with…

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Thanks, Ken, for the feedback.  This issue is related to Sonos’ major iOS application update - the feature worked fine before the update of a number of months back but became unavailable along with many other basic features after their major update (you’re probably aware).  While Sonos has now fixed many of the issues, this particular one continues to not work.  I’ve made Sonos (and Tidal) aware multiple times but now all my past correspondences show “closed” so this particular bug has slipped through the cracks.  I just wrote Sonos’ CEO to see if SOMEONE there will fix this feature that I used to use daily.

Any news on this?  Is this going to be fixed?

The “Top tracks” feature was fixed a few weeks ago but “Artist radio” remains unusable (stops playing after one song).

Emphasizing that this is an issue with the Sonos app - not with Tidal.

Thanks for the input jonasgeirs - I’m losing faith that Sonos will ever fix this issue.  It is clearly their issue, not Tidal’s, but they remain silent and seem to think all of their issues have been resolved at this point.  This feature was one I used the most when listening to Tidal around the house on my Sonos speakers.  Very frustrating after MANY months without this ability.

Just an FYI.  I finally chatted with the live Sonos help line and got the following response regarding this issue:

“This is a known reported issue that our engineers are aware of and currently investigating. We currently have no ETA to share on a resolution as of this moment.”  The agent offered to pass my concern on to management.

Don’t hold your breath that this basic issue will be solved sometime soon.  :-(

VERY frustrating.