Skip to main content

Ive been comparing Apple Lossless via Apple TV and my Sonos s15 connect.  I’ve used hdmi and a hdmi splitter to my Apple TV and use the digital out of Sonos connect to my integrated amp.  Why does the Apple TV sound so much better if both capable of doing 24 bit 48khz?  Cymbals, drums , voices are so much better thru Apple TV.  Besides being a tad louder thru sonos connect, it clearly does not sound as good.  I’m getting lossless supposedly on both when on Apple TV and shows on phone when using Sonos app.  My unit was produced after 8/17 so can handle Apple Lossless confirmed by Sonos rep. 3 people listeners and picked Apple TV  over 90% of time

any advise??

Are you playing through the Apple Music App? Your connect doesn’t support Apple Lossless through Apple Music in the Sonos app. 

see the additional details section here

https://support.sonos.com/en-ca/services/apple-music

I’m not using airplay.  I’m using Apple Music in the Sonos app which supposedly now supports lossless music after new app.  I don’t want to have my tv on all time and when Sonos gets their act together id like to use ques in their playlists for ease.  When in Sonos app and on Apple Music it shows lossless when songs playing.  Besides being a tad louder, Apple TV sounds so much better.