Apple Music Stalls

• 24 December 2020
  • 3 replies

We have noticed recently that when starting playlists from Apple Music the songs start but don’t come through all the speakers right away. Sometimes it is almost a minute before all of the speakers get full sound. Anyone else have this issue? I can’t find anything on the community or SONOS help that might be a fix. Pandora, SONOS stations, Amazon Music and Radio by TuneIn all work right away so I know it’s not my internet or connections at all. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We have a house full of SONOS speakers and we absolutely love our sound system we’ve “built” - a speaker in every room except our laundry room. 🙂 Thanks in advance!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi there @Ringgy.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! Let me see what I can do to help you.

Kindly replicate the issue, then submit a diagnostic report through the Sonos app shortly when it happens, and reply with the confirmation number. I'd start by reviewing your system and go from there, it will help in identifying what's possibly causing the issue.

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

Hello Annazel! Thanks so much for writing. I just tried it and it worked fine. I will continue to watch and if it happens again, I will submit a diagnostic report and respond here with the confirmation number. It has been happening pretty consistently but today when I tried we didn’t have the soundbar grouped in as my husband is watching tv. Perhaps that might be one of the issues. I will try it later tonight or tomorrow with all of the speakers next as well as some other combinations to see what might be the problem. Thanks for your support.

We tried this again and were able to replicate the issue. We submitted a diagnostic report. The confirmation number is 1869632381. Please let me know what the next steps are that we should complete. We also tried a variation of combinations of speakers to try to determine which speaker(s) might be causing the issue and we were able to replicate the situation with many of the speakers. We didn’t have the issue if we only tried one room. We did not go through all of the various combinations of rooms, though, as that would take numerous hours. We have 10 different rooms the speakers are in and some rooms have 2-3 speakers in them.