Skip to main content
Answered

Apple Music Reauthorization Fails

• 13 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Running the new Sonos 80.00.04.  

Every time I try to play Apple Music content, I’m prompted to “Reauthorize” my Apple Music service.  

Every time I follow the reauthorize steps, the app hangs (whether I’m on my iPad or my iPhone).  Endless loop.  

Sonos system is useless until this can be fixed.  It was already headed in that direction because the Connect:Amp product has never worked without cutouts (with or without Boost).  

Also:  tried deleting and reinstalling the Sonos controller on the iPad.  No joy.

Moderator edit: combined posts

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I’ve got the same issue, did you contact Sonos support?

I tried to get to support through Chat, but after answering twenty questions from the ChatBot, I was told that no agents were available, and to try calling the 800 number.  

Called the 800 number and was given a 65 minute estimated wait time, so I gave up.  

I’m looking for alternatives to the Sonos system at this point.  My Connect:Amp has never worked reliably, even after adding a Boost, and the integration with Apple Music has always been klunky — but I’d take klunky over totally absent, which is what it is now.

I never had any issues with the Sonos setup where I have 10 devices. I don’t use Boost or Connect:Amp though as the system seems to be able to have a wifi signal strong enough for our place.

I couldn’t get the Apple connection with the new app on my iPhone, but when I signed out and back in on the iPad it reauthorised and now works fine.

Finally got through to Sonos on chat this morning.  Deleted and reconnected Apple Music service from inside the app on the iPhone, but it failed there.  Did the same from the iPad, and although it threw up an error message “Oops.  Something went wrong.  Check your Internet Connection” it worked anyway.