Apple Music Radios stop playing

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi,

after the update to 15.2, when I play Apple Music Hits, it stops playing within 1-50 minutes. Everything else plays just well. Only the live radio stations.

I’ve noticed that when it stops playing, the speaker, which plays the Apple Music Hits station disappear from the Sonos controller for a second.

Does somebody else have/had the same problem?

I contacted Sonos support, however, they weren’t able to help me with that. I believe we tested everything (wired, wireless connection, router restart/update, restart all speakers, delete/re-add Apple Music service, ...).

Any idea?

Thanks,

Jakub

Corry P 9 months ago

Hi @jakudo et al

We now consider this issue resolved (as of 26th June). If you still experience this issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

49 replies

Userlevel 2

@dieg00 ...thank you! Very much appreciated! 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Good to know. Hopefully, they will fix it soon...

I am having the exact same issue. So frustrating I have stopped listening to Apple Music radio. This only recently started to happen. It seems to stop after a song has played as if it is recognising it as playing one song rather than continuous radio.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

In my case it stops anytime - even in the middle of the song.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hey guys,

keep calling customer service because it seems to be that they don’t check the forums so often. 

thanks. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

I called there many times, however, they seems to not care.

Same problem here since 15.2, persists in 15.3. Sonos support was worse than useless, repeatedly would try and troubleshoot my wifi despite receiving diagnostics and me telling them that all 5 of my devices are wired. At one point they asked me to change my DNS to googles dns but provided IP addresses instead belonging to NordVPN. Super bad support experience.

Unfortunately alarm-based Apple Music was the primary use case for my devices so I’ve begun replacing them with HomePods. Say what you will about Apple but they at least support their devices…

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jakudo et al

We are investigating this issue but do not have an estimation as to when it will be resolved.

In the meantime, you can cease troubleshooting efforts - they are unlikely to help.

You should, however, be able to play your Apple Radio channels on Sonos via AirPlay, Bluetooth or Line-In in the meantime.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @jakudo et al

We are investigating this issue but do not have an estimation as to when it will be resolved.

In the meantime, you can cease troubleshooting efforts - they are unlikely to help.

You should, however, be able to play your Apple Radio channels on Sonos via AirPlay, Bluetooth or Line-In in the meantime.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Corry P 

yes, that’s what I do now, however, it’s not that comfortable. Hopefully, this issue will be fixed soon.

Thanks.

Has this issue been resolved at all…it’s very frustrating.

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi @Corry P,

any update on this issue? There has been an update yesterday, which didn’t fix this problem. Any info?

Thanks,

Jakub

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jakudo 

I have no further information at present.

Same issue here i have Apple Music country as radio station, and every once in a while Sonos will loose the connection to the station and I have to start it manually again extremely annoying where I have a motion sensor to start my music

Have been seeing this issue for a few months now. Glad they’re aware, but frustrated they don’t seem to have a solution yet. 

I use Apple Music 1 as an alarm, so while the Airplay workaround is nice to know, it’s won’t work for my Play1 and just my One SL (which isn’t my main alarm speaker). 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi all,

Today I called customer service again. 

try this: play this Apple Music radio 1 episode from you Sonos app: LINK  (NOT with Airplay  just look for the episode in your native Sonos’ app)  
You will found out that after 15-16 seconds it will stop all and this is exactly the example we must show to Sonos support. I might have an idea of what could be the issue but I will let them find it out  

I have shared it already to them and the answer was “we have no clue what’s going on”. 

Have a try and post your results here!

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

@dieg00 I’ve called them several times, submitted about 10 diagnostic files with no result. They don’t know wha the problem is. 

@Corry P Hi, is there any update on this issue? THe Apple Music Radio is really unusable right now. AirPlay is good workaround, but now all the time. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Sorry @jakudo 

No update on this as of yet

Userlevel 2
Badge

@Corry P , can you provide to the developers/support team the example I put three messages above?

With it, they should found the root cause. 

thank you. 

thought sonos and apple were “partners” but sonos unable to stream apple radio…  disappointing.  spent thousands of dollars on sonos equipment and cant listen to apple live radio.  very sad.  been frustrated by this for months now.  

Hello Sonos,

When do we think we will have a resolution???

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi all, so after the update yesterday, it seems it works again :)

Userlevel 2

I noticed the same thing. After the Sonos update yesterday on 6/21.  Version: 15.5 Build 73042060 …. I was able to play Apple Music Live all day without it dropping out. I will test again today and report back. 

Userlevel 2

I noticed the same thing. After the Sonos update yesterday on 6/21.  Version: 15.5 Build 73042060 …. I was able to play Apple Music Live all day without it dropping out. I will test again today and report back. 

Just a quick update….been playing Apple Music Hits - Live all day with no problems or dropping. :-)

Userlevel 2
Badge

It took a while but it SEEMS to be working 🥹

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @jakudo et al

We now consider this issue resolved (as of 26th June). If you still experience this issue, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team for assistance.