Skip to main content
Answered

Apple Music not playing - Era300

• 17 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Just taken delivery of a new ERA 300 and it won’t play Apple Music -  I read the following but have not a clue how to accomplish it? There was an immediate update when I set the system up but that seemed to go ok.

Spotify is working fine as is Amazon.

Summary from another post - which may to may not be the answer. I cannot see how to do this

1. Connecting the Apple Music to Sonos app
  2. Switching on Dolby Atoms in Auto and Forced ON mode in Music Settings (Settings/ Music/ Dolby Atmos)
  3. Played only Selected Dolby Atmos Playlist or Songs with Atmos.
  4. Spatial Audio need to be switched on in the System Settings of Sonos Speaker 
  5. Stream Dolby Atmos music from Apple Music directly from the Sonos app

7 replies

Have you added your Apple Music account to the Sonos app?

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/services/apple-music

Badge +1

Yes I have. But when I tried to play the music I kept getting a “something went wrong” warning or just a spinning wheel. It seems to have cleared now but I have no idea why it happened? My internet is fine and all the Sonus stuff was playing ok!

Update your era 300 apple music plays than 👍🏻

I had the same and had to update 2 times

Badge +1

It might have been a broadband issue. Bt found a fault and my speed at hub was well down. They have today replaced the router and tweaked the channels (not sure how) and so far all is ok. I am going to hardwire it through some power line adapters anyway I think, just to be sure,

I had the same issue and a rec from another forum worked.. factory reset the device (unplug device, then hold bluetooth button down while plugging it in and keep it held until light on front of speaker turns green). Problem solved. 

Sonos Era 300 will not play anything from my Apple Music or other providers unless using them through Bluetooth. States unable to access your content. It did work but it has now stopped. I emailed Sonos and they told me they are working on the issues with their App. They are doing periodic updates every 2 weeks. Very disappointing and frustrating that we pay all that money for a product that is rendered almost unusable because of a crap App