Answered

Apple Music not available

• 21 January 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge

I’m unable to use Apple Music right now. Message from SONOS:

“Unable to browse music - there was a problem connecting to Apple Music”

What is the problem? Anybody know what’s going on?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 21 January 2021, 06:09

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge

Update - the issue is only on my iPad, I can play Apple Music by accessing theSONOS app on my iMac, but not on my iPad. No issue 4 days ago. Upset!

Badge

Also works fine on my iPhone. Only seems to be an issue on my iPad.

Since all devices are merely remote controls to reach the actual process running on your speakers, where the speaker reaches out to Apple Music, I’m going to suggest some odd issue with your iPad not properly reaching the speakers. The first thing I’d try is a hard reboot of the iPad, and then check to ensure the iPad is connected to the same network signal as the other devices. For instance, there are a relatively few types of routers that have trouble passing signals between 5 GHz and 2.4Ghz bands...but I’d expect if that were the case, you wouldn’t be able to ‘see’ the Sonos devices at all. 

It might be helpful if you were to submit a system diagnostic from both devices, and call Sonos Support to discuss it, or post the diagnostic numbers here for a Community Moderator to pick up.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, there are more options available beyond just the diagnostic analysis.

Badge

The iPad reboot did the trick. Thanks!