Skip to main content
Question

Apple Music Lossless stops after playing an Atmos track

• 18 May 2024
  • 2 replies

I think I discovered the reason why Apple Music Lossless was behaving weirdly on my Eras 300. It would work sporadically, or require the scrubbing trick to get it to play a song, and this happen every single time after an Atmos song would finish playing. 

I disabled the Spatial Audio feature from the settings, and now lossless works perfectly! This is still pretty annoying, because the reason I bought the Eras 300 was for the Atmos support. I hope they fix this issue soon.

2 replies

Badge +1

I had no idea that I could get lossless with my Apple TV. So what do you do to get it? I got my 300s for the same reason , so what is the benefit of lossless. Lossless is stereo isn't it? I will have to try that and turn off spatial sound. I just bought a set of 5s to group with my system and picking them up tomorrow. I wonder what they are going to sound like when I have all them going and I know about the syncing issues as I had and sold a set of 100s and they just didn't have the sound I wanted. Great post though superguy lol 😂 Going as I said try that in the morning. 

Badge

It’s part of the new update. It is now supported without workarounds like the Apple TV and is available on most speakers. 

when I play a playlist in my One, it works flawlessly. All songs show up as lossless and the quality difference is noticeable.

on my Eras 300, if I have a playlist that has a mixture of Atmos tracks and non Atmos tracks, and I play a non Atmos track first, it will start lossless, but if an Atmos track plays next, none of the non Atmos tracks will play in lossless quality without intervention, i.e. seeking forward a couple of seconds.

and yes, lossless is only stereo, but uncompressed so the quality is a lot better. I still prefer Atmos, though, for the spatial effect.