Skip to main content
Question

Apple Music from Sonos App skipping parts of certain songs

• 31 May 2024
  • 2 replies

This seems to be happening when the exact same song at the exact same part as well. It only happens when streaming Apple Music through the Sonos App, but when using AirPlay from the Apple Music app it seems to work fine and doesn’t glitch at all. I’m pretty sure it isn’t my network because we have a mesh wifi network and I get about 800mb/s local speed over wifi with my laptop, and about 100-200mb/s external speeds. I’m using a Sonos Era 100 with a Roam grouped.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Having the same issues on my system. Playbar/Sub, Apple music is unplayable. Skips 15-30sec into nearly every song. Mesh wifi and the app says my playbar has a strong signal. 

sonos music plays just fine and doesn’t skip at all. 

Since Sonos music plays without issue, but skipping occurs on Apple Music, that may point to a DNS issue between your router and the Apple servers. Try unplugging / powering down all Sonos devices, then reboot your router. The router will pick up any appropriate DNS changes from upstream. Wait two minutes for your router to finish booting, then power up/plug back in your Sonos, which will then pick up any DNS changes new to your router. Give them two minutes to come up and reconnect before testing.

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, I would recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.