Skip to main content
Question

App updates update

• 19 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Are there any further updates on timelines for fixing things that still don’t work in the crappy/wonderful (delete as appropriate) app we’re lumbered with using?

Off the top of my head

- volume control is still a nightmare and how it works seems to vary depending on screen you’re on

- nothing plays from recently played (especially radio stations) 

- BBC sounds still has very little information about episodes and their played status. Getting sick of having to use the BBC sounds app first to check

- linking zones when they are playing “unable to connect” 

It’s pointless to say (as no-one cares) but this app update has ruined my Sonos and music/radio experience. Still so disappointed. 

Would also like a reply to my web player query. 2FA at least / ability to disable? But lo, there’s some wind …

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Are there any further updates on timelines for fixing things 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/the-new-sonos-app-and-future-feature-updates

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thanks. Hasn’t been updated since 1st Jul (plus missing loads of stuff) hence the post. 

It’s hard to schedule ‘fixes’, since they have to be found, analyzed, coded, tested, and released. Those first three are much harder to plan out, and if the supposed ‘fix’ fails testing (it works on ‘my machine’!), then it has to go back through the whole process. 

This is the bane of release managers and community facing folks across the world, I suspect. I’ve certainly seen my fair share of ‘fixes’ that fail testing, so I’ve always worked with community managers to not ‘schedule’ fixes publicly. When it gets to the stage of a build that is to be released, that’s when it might be talked about, not before. And even then, what fixes one person’s issue may or may not fix another person’s issue, even though they present the same/similar face to the user. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Yeah thanks. Aware of all that. The list of things they are working on/have acknowledged is far from complete so an indication that they are looking at things still would be nice. Very much feels that it’s all sorted and everything is ok.