Skip to main content
Question

App Update issues

Sonos App issue

With the updated app—Cannot get past the terms of Use, license and Warranty page so that I can use the app. The “Accept” button is grayed out although I have selected my country.

Any recommendations on how to resolve?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

12 replies

Perhaps try scrolling the T&C’s page to the very end and see if the ‘Accept’ button then enables once you’ve viewed the entire content on screen.

Thanks for the recommendation. Viewed the content and also downloaded a copy. Submit button still grayed out. 

Hi Ken—I went back in and downloaded both sets of information and now am able to “submit.”  Thanks for your recommendation. 

I have the same problem. Tried reinstalling the app still doesn’t work. Scrolled through the Term etc. Same for my wife’s phone.

With the updated app—Cannot get past the terms of Use  … I cannot scroll down … it’s stuck … I can change country but still nothing happens

With the updated app—Cannot get past the terms of Use  … I cannot scroll down … it’s stuck … I can change country but still nothing happens

What device and OS  is it? Have you tried removing any previous version and reinstalling the latest App from the device App Store - is there plenty of free space and memory available for the Sonos App to run? Anything perhaps ‘blocking’ the App connection to bluetooth, LAN, mic, location, internet etc. such as VPN client, security blocker, firewall etc?

You have provided a lot of “blocking” areas that I need to address … let me try looking into all of them … thank you

I have the same issue as GFun.  I have an IPhone SE, IOS 17.5.1.  I have deleted and re-downloaded the apps and have scrolled through the “Terms and Use” and “License and Warranty Agreement” multiple times.  I’ve shut down and re-started the IPhone between deleting and downloading.  No VPN nor am I aware of anything blocking the App to Bluetooth.  I have both the Sonos 1 App and Sonos (2) App downloaded at the moment.  The Sonos 1 App has access to Bluetooth, the Sonos (2) App does not.  As to the latter, I assume the Sonos (2) App has not requested the ability to use Bluetooth because I can’t get past the “Agreement Acceptance” since the Accept button remains grayed out.  The Sonos 1 App can access Bluetooth and the speakers however the Play:3 speakers have S2 software which is not compatible with the S1 App.  The S1 App suggests that I (1) get the S2 App, or to (2) downgrade the Play:3 product to S1 software and add it to the S1 App.  Unless there are any other ideas it appears downgrading the speakers is my only option.

I have the same issue as GFun.  I have an IPhone SE, IOS 17.5.1.  I have deleted and re-downloaded the apps and have scrolled through the “Terms and Use” and “License and Warranty Agreement” multiple times.  I’ve shut down and re-started the IPhone between deleting and downloading.  No VPN nor am I aware of anything blocking the App to Bluetooth.  I have both the Sonos 1 App and Sonos (2) App downloaded at the moment.  The Sonos 1 App has access to Bluetooth, the Sonos (2) App does not.  As to the latter, I assume the Sonos (2) App has not requested the ability to use Bluetooth because I can’t get past the “Agreement Acceptance” since the Accept button remains grayed out.  The Sonos 1 App can access Bluetooth and the speakers however the Play:3 speakers have S2 software which is not compatible with the S1 App.  The S1 App suggests that I (1) get the S2 App, or to (2) downgrade the Play:3 product to S1 software and add it to the S1 App.  Unless there are any other ideas it appears downgrading the speakers is my only option.

To get the "accept" button within the App T&C’s to work, check your mobile device font size and ensure it’s set to default settings, apparently some uses have mentioned that has allowed the button to then work correctly and continue through to allowing LAN/Bluetooth access and discovery of the S2 speakers etc.  

I thought you were onto something with the font size but that too is not an issue.  

I failed to mention that we recently moved and now have a different WIFI provider.  

This morning I tried my wife’s IPhone (which still has the Sonos 2 App installed) and it found one of our Play:3 speakers and supposedly linked it to our new network.  The App indicated the speaker may not appear until we unplug and restart the speaker which I did and it still does not appear.  I shut down my wife’s IPhone and restarted it but that did not work.  I again used her phone to try to find the Sonos product but now if can’t it.

My Sonos 1 App finds the Play:3 speaker immediately but cannot link to it because of the Sonos 2 software in the speaker.  I understand downgrading the software in the speaker is not an option at the moment.  

Any other thoughts?

I thought you were onto something with the font size but that too is not an issue.  

I failed to mention that we recently moved and now have a different WIFI provider.  

This morning I tried my wife’s IPhone (which still has the Sonos 2 App installed) and it found one of our Play:3 speakers and supposedly linked it to our new network.  The App indicated the speaker may not appear until we unplug and restart the speaker which I did and it still does not appear.  I shut down my wife’s IPhone and restarted it but that did not work.  I again used her phone to try to find the Sonos product but now if can’t it.

My Sonos 1 App finds the Play:3 speaker immediately but cannot link to it because of the Sonos 2 software in the speaker.  I understand downgrading the software in the speaker is not an option at the moment.  

Any other thoughts?

I would perhaps give Sonos Support a call as it sounds like you have various issues, it might be easier to discuss the matter with Staff, I think. Here is the link to call them:

https://support.sonos.com/s/contact

Thanks.  I’ll try them later today.  

I did have some success with one speaker which I used an ethernet cable and using the Sonos 2 App on my wife’s phone.  The speaker was found, updated and is working with the cable hookup.