Skip to main content
Answered

app update and features

So good for trying and make the app better…

but what happened to adding to the cue… what happened to play next?

How is “replace the queue” a useful feature when before you could edit the queue way more. 

why take away perfectly good and useful features?

not gonna lie this constant updating to make things worse than before is very annoying. 

Please.  

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

These features will be rolled back into the app in the future. I expect an update very soon and feature complete by July. 

Support, is this the right timeline?

Badge

Yes the queue function has gone. It was the BEST feature - could make a list of songs easily, on the hoof. Now I need to work out what to play when the currently playing track finishes. That’s no good. It’s like having an old skool record player with singles and having to put each one on manually (but less fun). Especially with friends over and wanting to put a few tracks together while we’re chatting, adding and deleting as we go.  

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

There is no longer a way to view if your devices are on Sonosnet or Station (WiFi)… the line has been removed from the “About My System” page. Another disgrace. I am aware that Sonos is moving away from Sonosnet and that the latest devices do not support it, but again Sonos is ignoring the fact that many of use are still using it and wish to keep doing so!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Just noticed also… they got rid of an option to “play in a different room” pup up window. That was a great feature when music was playing already. Now you have to open the speaker you wanna play on and then look for the song and play it. 
So freaking stupid it’s baffling. 

Queue function fixes are scheduled to be release in early June:

Coming soon

• Continued improvements to navigation for visually-impaired customers: mid-June
  • Adding to queue and playing next: early June
  • Sleep timer: mid-June
  • Local music library search and playback: mid-June
  • Update WiFi settings: mid-June
  • Snooze alarms: TBD
Userlevel 3
Badge

By adding you mean fixing your mistake…. It’s not even scratching the surface of what is wrong with the app. You should roll back the previous version and keep working on that horrendous new app.

and maybe add a locks reel widget and volume buttons functions while you’re at it. 

what a joke! And you get paid for that????

im a pilot and if my performance on flying a plane was equivalent to Sonos job at updating the app…. You would be all dead! 

Maybe waiting till all the features were working to release the new update would of been better…

The new update is not user friendly .. 

I love my Sonos. I just loved it more before the app update 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Sonos, are you aware some apps dont display station or album art in the now playing view? i notice this in Sirius xm when you play a statio  the now playing is blank with no album art or station art/info. The artist and song dont update either when the next song starts. This happens with stations in Tune In Radio as well.
Is anyone aware of this? Any fix planned. spotify seems fine

Badge

Yeah this new version is totally unacceptable unusable and absolute trash. I've tried to get through the bad surprises expecting maybe just a UI or UX change but this whole thing is a total disaster and if anyone wants a half dozen ports and amps for shipping plus a thumbs up please just  me. 

IM OUT. 

Badge

PS.... I support a few hundred homes with Sonos integrations we will be recommending the obvious upgrades to, and there will be many more sets of this crap to be had on the cheap.... I will probably need to charge at least 100 per shipment over shipping fees to make it worth the trip to UPS and dealing with the mess.... But there will be a pile to be had. 

To the customer service guys, tell Dharam I said hello, hope he can do better for the customers some day.

Userlevel 3
Badge

PS.... I support a few hundred homes with Sonos integrations we will be recommending the obvious upgrades to, and there will be many more sets of this crap to be had on the cheap.... I will probably need to charge at least 100 per shipment over shipping fees to make it worth the trip to UPS and dealing with the mess.... But there will be a pile to be had. 

To the customer service guys, tell Dharam I said hello, hope he can do better for the customers some day.

What’s the obvious upgrade?

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

The thing that makes me mad is we are being taken for granted. They dont care about rolling out a bad app because they know they have us all because we are invested in their speakers. If spotify rolled out an app this bad they would loose half thier customers in a week because there is no investment. You just cancel your subscription and move to Apple music or whatever streaming service

Sonos is in the business of selling speakers and amps, making apps is secondary.   Once your in their ecosystem  they can say things like we are proud of our app and all you whining about loosing functionality will just have to wait until mid summer until we feel like fixing things. They didnt exactly say that obviously but thats been the attitude

Badge

Upgrade to Bluesound

Or if you're looking for the best UI it would be Roon... Which is fundamentally different and exponentially better but uses Sonos as play through devices. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Upon further use of the app this memorial day weekend, its useless. Within spotify you cant even change songs, just get an error message. Its reallytye worst app ever. And thats not exaggerating. The CEO should be fires. He said he has been using the beta app since the beginning of the year and loves it. Either he is a stone cold liar or he doesnt even use Sonos himself. How is he still here? Wish I could rid myself of all this useless hardware and find other options at this point. THE CEO NEEDS FIRED!! This is BS. why are not users more irate about this?