Answered

App login

Ref 1717212292

I can’t log into the sonos app, and I can’t search in the Spotify account on Sonos. Have an iPhone

Have reset the app, re-installed the app, no luck

If I use my wife’s iPhone, it works fine…

Anyone have any suggestions-tips?

regards

Kari

icon

Best answer by controlav 10 May 2023, 14:45

View original

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hello @Holgarsson, welcome to Sonos Community!

Thank you for providing diagnostics. I could see some errors regarding your Sonos Boost (along with other network interference messages) but that would not explain how your wife has no issues with her iPhone while you do.

Please have a look at the Sonos app requirements, to make sure your phone meets them. Also if not done already, restart your phone.

I would recommend reaching out to our Sonos Support, bringing the diagnostics number you’ve shared here, as they have more tools at their disposal and can provide you with information specific to your system.

I hope this helps.

Hi @Sotiris C. 

Thanks for the suggestions. My phone meets the app requirements. I have iPhone 13 iOS 16.4.1, where my wife has iOS 16.1.1. That is the only difference I can find

Sonos is working fine even though there might be some issues with the Boost…

Perhaps Sonos support can solve this issue.

thanks

Kari

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Sounds like the iPhone is running MS Defender, which makes it incompatible with the Sonos app.

@controlav very good observation. Removed Defender… works perfectly 

Must be something new, I have had Defender and Sonos working at the same time until recently.

Is there any upcoming solution to this? Having Defender and Sonos to work together? Defender is required for my work…

Regards

Kari

Must have been a change to MS Defender, there is at least one other thread around here. I’d assume they updated their ‘definitions’ and didn’t exempt Sonos. 

I’d suggest complaining to your IT folks about the change, they should be nudging MS Defender. 

For instance….

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@controlav very good observation. Removed Defender… works perfectly 

Must be something new, I have had Defender and Sonos working at the same time until recently.

Is there any upcoming solution to this? Having Defender and Sonos to work together? Defender is required for my work…

Regards

Kari

Suggest reporting it from within the Defender app. The more people report it, the greater the chance of it getting fixed.

as a temporarily workaround you can disable WEB protection in MS Defender, then Sonos app will work again. I will submit a ticket on monday to MS because it was working 2/3 days ago.

I have the same issue since my company forced me to use MS Defender on my mobile last week I am not able to Browse Spotify Music or BBC Sounds or any other music service from my Sonos app on my mobile. It is still possible via my iPad and other mobile phone. It’s really annoying! Would be great if someone has a work around. 

Have you contacted the Defender folks?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Have you contacted the Defender folks?

They are well aware and someone from that team has posted on a different thread here that they are working on a fix. They have broken Sonos before, so should be able to fix soon I would hope.

I would hope so too,  it it’s been at least a week or so from that particular post, and no resolution yet.