Skip to main content

Android notification and lock screen controls

• 14 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Recent update to Sonos app on Android and now cannot see controls anywhere except within the app itself. No lock screen controls, nothing in notifications bar, physical volume buttons don't control volume. Anyone else experiencing this? Pixel 5 with Android 14.

3 replies

I read on Reddit that these were deliberately removed in the updated app. There was a comment that they will come back at a later stage but they aren't on the official list of upcoming fixes/features unfortunately.

I used this feature all the time and it also showed up on my watch. , I didn't think anything of it and just now realizing there is no option for the notification. Hope they can put it back sooner than later...

Userlevel 1

Yeah, it's terrible this feature went away. I just invested thousands more in Sonos speakers and they can't even take the time to respond to this issue here in their own community forums. I wish there were other options out there with similar wireless functionality and equivalent speaker sound quality but too late for me now even if there is. Stuck with Sonos.