Amp line-in issue

• 5 December 2020
  • 18 replies

Badge

After several minutes of OK playout from my turntable via an analog pre-amp and Sonos Amp line-in, the sound stops and the line-in source disappears from the panel of choices. Has anyone fixed this problem?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

18 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @tvb9449, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. Sorry to hear about this issue about the line in on your Sonos system. So that we can check the current status of your Sonos system, I’ll ask you to submit a diagnostic report for us to investigate further what could be causing this issue. You may reply to the thread with the confirmation number to assist you with this issue. 

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Hi Simon, thanks for responding! Already submitted a diagnostics #717832392. LMK if that helps solve my issue.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @tvb9449, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report on your Sonos system, upon checking, the Sonos connect amp shows offline. Kindly try to power cycle or reboot it, unplug it from the power source for 1-2 minutes, and replug it back in. Let me know what is the pattern of the led lights on the connect Amp after doing the reboot. You may resubmit a diagnostic report afterward for us to check for any difference.

Let us know how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Hi Simon B, reset the Connect Amp by unplugging for 2 minutes. Plugged back in and white LED went on and off (and continues to do so 5+ minutes after reboot).

Here’s the new diagnostic # 13210323

Thanks for your help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @tvb9449, thanks for the update and for sending a diagnostic report of your Sonos system. Upon checking, it still shows that the Connect Amp is offline, we’ll take this further, I'll ask you to kindly contact our phone support team for further assistance and more in-depth troubleshooting steps. They may ask for additional steps for troubleshooting and give other options for this issue. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Appreciate the help Simon B! Will follow-up with phone support. 800-680-2345, correct?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hello there @tvb9449, thanks for the update. That is correct, that is the contact number for our phone support team. 

Keep us posted on how it goes and we're here to answer any further questions you have.

Badge

Hi Simon B, this has become even more frustrating. I called phone support and we were able to get the Connect Amp back online but only briefly. It dropped off (and the Sonos 3 speakers are in the same room, maybe ten feet from the Connect Amp), and now refuses to be seen in trying to add a new product. Does this mean I have a defective Connect Amp and need to return it for a replacement? Thanks

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @tvb9449, thanks for the update. Sorry to hear about what happened with the connect amp. What did they advise you after it was not able to reconnect to your system? What options did they give you?

Badge

The call disconnected and she did not call back after saying it seems to be an issue with the connect amp and I should continue trying to unplug it and set it up anew. Not much of a solution! I have tried 3x since with no luck. Is it possible to return my connect amp for a replacement?

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @tvb9449, thanks for the update and I apologize about what happened that the call got disconnected. You may still contact our phone support team to ask for options or recommendations for the replacement of your Connect Amp.

If you have other questions about your Sonos products, feel free to reach out.

Badge

Back to Square One!?!

Yesterday I worked with phone support to directly wire my connect amp to my Xfinity router and it brought the CA back online; it remained online when I returned it to wifi. However, this morning, it’s back off line and the search for new product on the app doesn’t see it. Time to return it?

This has the hallmarks of a simple IP address issue. Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot the router. When the router comes back up, plug the Sonos devices back in to power. Wait two minutes for them to boot up and reconnect, then test.

Badge

Have already done that a dozen times, thanks. The connect amp comes back online but for only 5-10 minutes then disappears again.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @tvb9449, thanks for the update, and I apologize for this ongoing issue with your Connect Amp, For this issue and it keeps on dropping on your Sonos system, kindly contact our phone support team and tell them that it’s an ongoing issue and it keeps on dropping on your system so that they can provide possible options for a replacement for this Connect Amp. 

Badge

Thanks Simon, will do and will keep you updated.

Badge

Sorry Simon B but phone support has been worthless. I’ve followed the procedures recommended by three phone support technicians. The first procedure did not work at all. The second one asked me to disconnect everything but then disconnected with me and did not call back. The third asked me to unplug and replug the Sonos 1’s but then he dropped off the line too. I had Xfinity run a diagnostic on the router and they reported everything checked out. How can I convince phone support to allow me to return my Connect Amp and get one that works before I buy a competitor????

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @tvb9449, thanks for the update and I apologize for what happened. I suggest that when you contact our phone support team, let them know that it is an ongoing issue and let them know that you’ve followed each step but the phone lines are being disconnected, tell them as well to call you back if the line dropped. They should be able to give proper and additional options about this issue.