Answered

Amazon Music won't play specific tracks I select

• 26 April 2023
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

I have my Sonos controller connected to my Amazon Music account correctly. When I go to My Music in Amazon Music and try to play a specific album or artist, it won’t play the artist, album, or track. It appears to be defaulting to some weird Spotify-esque AI curated playlist. For example, trying to play a James McMurtry album I purchased doesn’t play James McMurtry but I get some random alt-country band that is not something I own, or particularly want to listen to.

I don’t understand what I am doing wrong. Why can’t I see the individual tracks in albums I own and why won’t Sonos play tracks from Amazon?

I think, maybe, what I am saying is Amazon is defaulting to “stations” rather than playing my purchased albums. How do I get Sonos not to play Amazon stations?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 26 April 2023, 09:04

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Do you have a free account or  an unlimited (paid) account?

Userlevel 7

If you want to play specific songs, you need an Amazon Music Unlimited subscription.

Thanks for the response. But I have to have a paid account even if I own the songs? (By own I mean I purchased the mp3 album from Amazon.)

That seems wrong to me.

You ‘owning the songs’ doesn’t equate with ‘using their music service’, which likely has both storage costs as well as bandwidth costs on an ongoing basis. 

However, Sonos has no control over Amazon’s policies. You may want to reach out to Amazon’s Customer Support. 

If I bought the songs through Amazon, my thinking is yeah, I paid to use their service. Especially if Amazon puts the music I paid for through them into their service. But you are correct, this is an Amazon issue.