Amazon Music HD - The connection to Amazon Music was lost

• 27 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

I have been using Amazon Music HD for about a week and am noticing some issues playing Stations.

Today - as I am looking for some good stations for the evening - I am getting the response - Unable to play “name of station” The connection to Amazon was lost.

If I play the Amazon App - no issues at all. 

Is anyone else experiencing this?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Note that Amazon uses different server end points for their app/web stream than the Sonos stream. 

However, it may not be the Amazon servers, but the ability of your speakers to reach them through your LAN. I’d be looking at the wifi interference FAQ primarily, but I’d also likely try a simple network refresh by unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then rebooting the router. Only once the router comes back up should you plug the Sonos devices back in. 

Badge +1

Interesting. I do not have Sonos speakers. I have a couple of Ports and Amps.

I guess it is all the same. It seems perfectly fine today. Wondering if yesterday might be a Thanksgiving traffic glitch. If it happens again I will try what you suggest.

Thanks

John